The monarch


I am monarch of all I survey,

My right there is none to dispute;

From the centre all round to the sea,

I am lord of the fowl and the brute.

Oh Solitude! where are the charms

That sages have seen in thy face?

Better dwell in the midst of alarms,

Than reign in this horrible place...



Soy el monarca de cuanto contemplo

Nadie me disputa este derecho

A mi alrededor desde el centro hasta el mar

Soy el señor de los pájaros y bestias salvajes

Oh , soledad! ¿Dónde están los encantos

Que los sabios hallan en ti?

Es preferible vivir en medio de sobresaltos y peligros

A reinar en este horrible desierto.




William Cowper (1731-1800).

Comentarios

Nelson / Glass dijo…
la traducción es tuya :O ?

Entradas más populares de este blog

Lo mismo

I'd rather be working for a paycheck,than waiting to win the lottery